- Myanmar is an excellent region for gold exploration/production
- Deposits are distributed in a N/S trending zone that coincides with ophiolitelines, a belt of volcanism. Within these belts are the zones of hydrothermal activity that gave rise to gold mineralization
- Future Engineering Group has signed contracts for gold mining in cooperation with No.(2) Mining Enterprise of Ministry of Mine eight years ago
MAP SHOWING PRIMARY GOLD & PLACER GOLD DEPOSITS
Mine Site Location
Future Engineering Group
TPK-72, 126 & 127 Mine
About 80 acres (36.42 Hectare) at
TPK_72 mining plot in Thabeikkyin
Township, Mandalay Region. Survey Map
No.93/B-1 Sr 854242 Lat:20º 45′ 48.4″N,
Long:96º 06′ 09.3″ E
FUTURE ENGINNERING & GOLD MINING CO.LTD
- Major mineralization trend (NE/ SW) with 1.5m thick gold bearing quartz vein
- Ore production with shafts M-21, M-1, M, SS and P-7
- According to geological data, it was estimated to extract about two million ore tons (Grade 8 g/ton)
- In present production shafts, maximum depth is about 200m and average depth about 100m
- Vein type mineralization style is found along the fractures usually within marbles. Gold is mainly associated with sulphide minerals including pyrite, chalcopyrite, galena and sphaleritein quartz carbonates gangue mineral.
- Stockwork disseminated type hosted by altered gneisses and granitoid associated with silicification , clay atteration and sulphites dissemination.
- Placer gold occurred as alluvial and eluvial types.
- Epithermal gold mineralization was found along Thabeikkyin Pyinmana , yaikhto where granitoid & high grade metamorphic rocks were formed in the western margin of the eastern highland.